Re: [AMBER] Positive value of delta G

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:24:52 -0300

Hi Jason,

I have had the same problem (i.e. GB energy of ligand binding (-)ve and PB (+)ve. Setting inp=1, throws out the following warnings:

Warning: inp=1 was old default
Warning: cavity_surften=0.0378 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.0050
Warning: cavity_offset=-0.5692 not recommended for inp=1, switching to inp=1 default value: 0.000

my mmpbsa input file is:

Input file for running PB and GB
&general

   interval=2, endframe=2000, verbose=1,
# entropy=1,
/
&gb
  igb=2, saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
  inp=1, istrng=0.100,
/

Any explanation for this would be much appreciated. What other settings are needed to overcome this problem?

Best regards

George