Re: [AMBER] cpptraj grid function

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:22:18 -0600

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks its working fine now, but the only thing is polymer Z dimension is
> around 100 Angs and if I use:
> grid wat_grid.xplor 30 2 30 2 100 2
>
> then the xplor box Z dimension is 20 to 30 Angs longer than Z dimension of
> my polymer. So I have to reduce it like this to fit in xplor box:
>
> grid wat_grid.xplor 30 2 30 2 80 2

FYI the upcoming version of cpptraj will have an additional option to
center the grid at a specific location (offset from the origin), which I
think will help in this situation.

> Also one more thing earlier version of 'grid' was not programmed to
> average over same atom. e.g. for spatial distribution of Cl- ions around
> Na+, one needs to calculate on single Na+ ion by centring it then averaging
> for all by own script (as suggested by archive mails). Is it possible now
> just by giving wild mask? thats is
> center :Na+ origin ## expected to average ??

No, grid does not currently have an option to do this. However, the
upcoming version of cpptraj will allow you to append to a previously
defined grid data set, so you should eventually be able to do this.

-Dan