[AMBER] Open Source Drug Design and In Silico Molecules Pledge to AMBER developers

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:35:19 +0200

Dear Amber developers and Users;

Recently Open Source Drug Design becomes an alternative to start a patent
free world for greater human welfare. With the development of CSIR OSDD,
Open Source Drug Design and In SIlico Molecules (www.insilicomolecule.org),
Open Wet Ware.

People with small money, some stupid people like us who are working to
maintain the website using scholarship money to develop a NCE or new
softwares and interfaces which will be free for academic use and whose
source code will always be open.

It is because of patent system, software monopoly the computer aided drug
design suffered a lot. Because every one is not Delano to give PyMol for
free with source code open.

Read this http://sbhakat2011.blogspot.com/

We have seen huge development in MD stuffs because of the open source
nature of GROMACS but people dont have money to maintain the web intefaces
and server.Also cool softwares like Desmond, AMBER never make their source
code available. Thus they are stopping people for developing other cool
stuffs as they are restricting the use which prompted lack of creativity.

We want to make a best ever Open Source Drug Discovery suite by combining
certain Open Source Softwares. We are now in our way to make Open Source
docking softwares with a new Rolling Ball technique (lacking Autodock
source code for reference). We also want to try an academic free GUI of
AMBER for which we need AMBER's source code.

These integration of softwares on fly will give computer aided drug
discovery a huge boost. We wish to open an Open Source Drug Design contest
to make first new chemical entity for neglected tropical disease CHIKV
virus.

We therefore humbly request AMBER community to give us the access of
AMBER's source code to open a NEW academic free on fly web based GUI which
will boost the drug discovery plan. We will also like to discuss about this
epic project with AMBER developers.

It probably will be a better project than World Community Grid Project
targeting for the first time to develop the very first new chemical entity
for CHIKV virus.

We also like to hear from molecular modellers specially AMBER developers on
the AMBER source code opinion for AMBER GUI for academic free version.

I hope AMBER community will get inspired from Jonas Salk and will make
AMBER an Open Source project to make interactive GUIs and other crucial bug
fixes and development for greater human welfare.

--
Thanks & Regards;
Co Founders
Open Source Drug Design and In Silico Molecules
www.insilicomolecule.org
                        ONE WORLD, ONE SCIENCE, NO MONOPOLY