Re: [AMBER] Antechamber not converting HyperChem .hin files correctly

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:25:40 -0400

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014, CHRISTOPHER PATRICK MCNARY wrote:

> I've been trying to convert a .gesp file to .hin file using Antechamber
> but the .hin file is not in the correct format for hyperchem.

Try the attached patch to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/antechamber/hin.c.
You can use the patch command or just apply it my hand. Type "make install"
in the antechamber directory to re-compile.

Thanks for the resport. I'm betting that you are the first person in two
decades to use the HyperChem option in antechamber.....

> Is there a simple way to update the "respgen" program that controls the
> output format?

This is a little confusing: it is antechamber itself, not respgen, that
outputs HyperChem files.

> I can manually change these things in a texteditor but it seem kind of
> silly when the program is supposed to do it correctly.

Aaaah...to be young again and have such faith in software.... :-)

...dac