Re: [AMBER] problem in generating .prmtop and .inpcrd file using amber9

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:37:49 -0400

On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 08:38 +0530, Vijayalaxmi Sahoo wrote:
> I am currently working in centOs release 6.4 [final]. While generating the
> .inpcrd and .prmtop file using amber9, the following errors came:
>
> FATAL: Atom .R<Br 198>.A<Br 1> does not have a type.
> FATAL: Atom .R<Br 199>.A<Br 1> does not have a type.
> FATAL: Atom .R<Br 200>.A<Br 1> does not have a type.
> Failed to generate parameters
> Parameter file was not saved.
>
> So, kindly tell me how to remove these errors.

Assign those atoms a type in an frcmod file.

In all seriousness -- 2 suggestions are to update to the latest version
of AmberTools (Amber 9 is 8 (!!) years old at this point and we no
longer offer any real support for it).

The second is to go through the manual and tleap/residue parametrization
tutorials to get a basic idea of how tleap works (like tutorial B4 and
A1 from http://ambermd.org/tutorials/).

Also, it's always a good idea to drop your error messages into a search
engine and see what comes up. This is a common problem and I'm guessing
there will be many google hits that suggest things to do.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher