Re: [AMBER] Hbond

From: Nitin Sharma <sharmanitin.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:42:20 +0800

Dear dac,

Thanks for prompt reply.

This is link for tutorial
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial3/section6.htm
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial3/files/analyse_hbond.ptraj

Regards,
Nitin Sharma

-----Original Message-----
From: David A Case [mailto:case.biomaps.rutgers.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:16 AM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] Hbond

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014, Nitin Sharma wrote:

> 1. In the amber12 tools, as I am using amber12, acceptormask and donormask are the keywords BUT in tutorial they are mentioned as acceptor mask and donor mask. So which one is correct?
>
> 2. To refer a particular atom, like required in case of disulphide
> bond, I used :GLN.OE1 BUT in tutorial it has been mentioned as
> :GLN.OE1. So which one is correct?

The tutorials look wrong...can you say which tutorial (and which section), to help us get those fixed.

> I know that in Hbond the donor is
> hydrogen bound to electronegative atom and acceptor is a
> electronegative atom present at different location.

YOU know that, and so do most people. But the (unnamed here) author of ptraj, back in prehistory [probably before you were born] chose the opposite convention.

I strongly recommend that you use cpptraj, where a more common definition of donor and acceptor are used.

...dac