Re: [AMBER] non-bonded parameters for ferric iron and ferrous iron

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:34:24 -0500

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM, FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org> wrote:

> Dear Jason, Pengfei and Kenny,
>
> Nice that new vdW parameters are developed for M+++ and M++ for Amber FFs:
> This will be widely used...
>
> However something is still not clear for me:
> "Amber 14 will be released in the coming April"
>
> Amber 12 (i.e. pmemd + sander + ...) and AmberTools 13 (LEaP, FFs,
> etc...) were released separately in the past.
>
> What does mean Amber14? I guess AmberTools14 - so what about Amber 13?
> does it mean that 'all' will be provided within a single package?
> ...under the GNU GPL license?

The current release model is to release Amber every 2 years and AmberTools
every year. As of 2012 and Amber 12, the version number will reflect the
year it was released.

So 2012 saw the release of Amber 12 and AmberTools 12.

2013 saw the release of AmberTools 13

2014 will see the release of AmberTools 14 and Amber 14.

2015 will see the release of AmberTools 15

and so on. As in the past, AmberTools is GPL or LGPL, but Amber will still
be a non-free license (the same one Amber 12 uses, to my knowledge).

Amber releases always occur concurrently with AmberTools releases (but not
the other way around, obviously). I hope this clarifies things.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher