Re: [AMBER] non-bonded parameters for ferric iron and ferrous iron

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 17:22:14 -0500

Hi Jean-Paul,

> Hi Pengfei,
>
> It will certainly not surprise you that one of my major concern is time.
> It seems that between the parametrization and the availability of
> the potential in Amber14, it can be within more than a couple of
> months from now.
> My dynamics are currently running with the 'old' parameters and I
> would have liked
> to have the opportunity to assess your development right away.

I will be glad if you can send the parameters to me as soon as you get them.

No problem. Since the parameters may be different for different water
models.
Can you tell me which kind of water model are you using in the simulation?
I can design that set of parameters with priority. I will send you the
parameters when
we get them.

> By the way, with your agreement, they can be a great addition to the RED
> DB.

Yeah, go ahead. It has been published, feel free to add this into the RED
DB.

Cheers.
> JPB.

All the best,
Pengfei

> Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Hi Jean-Peul,
> >
> > The 12-6-4 model has been added to Amber 14 as a new feature which will
> be
> > released in the coming April. For the Fe3+ ion, the 12-6-4
> parameterization
> > work is undergoing in our group. Since there are also other projects
> > undergoing, it may take some time for us to get it (and if you are
> > interested in, we can send you the parameter after we get it). Hope this
> > helps, if you have more questions or concerns, please tell me.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Pengfei

> jpb.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>:
> >

> >> ----- Message transféré de jean-paul.becker.u-picardie.fr -----
> >> Date : Wed, 05 Mar 2014 20:32:24 +0100
> >> De : Jean-Paul Becker <jean-paul.becker.u-picardie.fr>
> >> Objet : Re: [AMBER] non-bonded parameters for ferric iron and ferrous
> >> iron
> >> À : AMBER Mailing List <amber.ambermd.org>, Ken Merz <
> >> kmerz1.gmail.com>
> >> Cc : Pengfei Li <ldsoar1990.gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Hi Kennie,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the answer.
> >> Regarding the topology of the bonded model we took advantage of our
> >> RED server and especialy its new version written in Python.
> >> However, I would be very curions and interested to use your LJ params
> >> for trivalent cations (ferric iron) on our model and évaluate how they
> >> perform.
> >> Right now, I am not sure which way to proceed, I don't know how much
> >> it implies
> >> to use 12-6-4 model within Amber.
> >> Cheers.
> >> JPB

> http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct400751u?prevSearch=pengfei%2Bli&searchHistoryKey=
> ).
> >> We might be willing to create these for you if you are dissatisfied with
> >> what is out there. We can create a 12-6 or a 12-6-4 model depending on
> how
> >> you want to proceed. To create a bonded model for the coordination
> >> environment you can use MCPB. Good luck,

> >> though.

> >> iron or
> does

Pengfei Li