Re: [AMBER] extracting selected lipids from bilayer

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 08:16:16 -0700

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Vijay Manickam Achari
<vjrajamany.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Layer one (L1) comprise lipid numbers from 1 to 64,
> layer two (L2) comprise lipid numbers from 65 to 128,
> layer three (L3) comprise lipid numbers from 129 to 192 and
> layer four (L4) comprise lipid numbers from 193 to 256.
>
> What I want is to extract out only the L1 (lipids from 1-64) from each
> frame from the whole trajectory.

You can actually do this in one shot using cpptraj with multiple
strip/outtraj commands:

# L1
strip !:1-64
outtraj L1.nc
unstrip
strip !:65-128
outtraj L2.nc
unstrip

And so on for the remaining two layers. The 'unstrip' command resets
topology/coordinates to what they were before any modifications. Let me
know if you have any other questions.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD