[AMBER] corrplane in cpptraj and ptraj

From: Michael F. Bruist <m.bruist.usciences.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:52:26 -0500

I am trying to get coordinates for the vector normal to the plane of the 6 ring atoms of uracil.

In both ptraj and cpptraj I do not get an output file and I get the message:

Warning: Output of corr, ired, corrired or corrplane vectors is not yet supported!

Is there a work around for this?

Note when I use the syntax given in AmberTools13:

vector corr plane :6.N1.C2,N3,C4,C5,C6 out U6_plane.vec

I get the following error:

wrong syntax: o
parsing atom mask: unknown symbol (?)
Segmentation fault

However when I use the old syntax from AmberTools

vector v01 :6.N1,C2,N3,C4,C5,C6 corrplane out U6_plane.vec

Both ptraj and cpptraj execute and report progress to the standard output, but both fail to produce the output file.

I am using AMBER13. My trajectory has had all but the closest 1500 water removed. I used RDPARM to generate the topology file for the reduced water frames.

Mike Bruist
University of the Sciences