Re: [AMBER] aligning

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:14:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Daniel

>> Let me know if that doesn't work.

adding 'run' at the end.

Thanks, it works fine now.

regards
Jiom

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:38 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is indeed a nice suggestion and thanks for support. But I think
> theoreticaly also its not possible to achieve both at the same time (or its
> just me who can not think of this being possible theoreticaly!)

I could see doing it by including the z axis as an additional degree of
freedom in the rms fit. Of course, this still will result in structures
being "in-between" best-fit and z-axis-aligned...

In your suggestion, which is a good one, but in the last step the rms fit
> structures will not be best aligned to Z axis. Its only the reference
> structure which is best aligned to Z. In summary what I want to say: is it
> really possible to achieve both things together? I think Not possible, one
> has to sacrifice one thing!

Well, the reference structure will be aligned along Z, so all the other
structures should at least be somewhat aligned along Z (unless the
structure changes drastically from the reference). But you are right, the
structures will not be perfectly aligned to the Z axis.

> Just as a note for future searches in archive: I had to split cpptraj
> commands as it was not outputing trajout:

That's my fault - you need a second 'run' command at the bottom of the
original input. Then everything should complete in one session. Let me know
if that doesn't work.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD