[AMBER] Unable to read coords from XXX.rst - How can I resolve this once and for all?

From: Yew Mun Yip <yipy0005.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:11:00 +0800

Hi, I have been trying to run a protein-drug simulation for at least 100 ns
using pmemd. However, after 50 ns, I received the error "Unable to read
coords from XXX.rst". I checked the trajectory and found that the water
have drifted way too far away.

I have read previous posts about setting iwrap=1 for running long
simulations with pmemd. But the manual indicates that running long
simulations with that setting will also result in consequences, therefore
with all the conflicting viewpoints, should I or should I not set iwrap=1?
What are the consequences if iwrap=1 is set for long simulations? If I
don't set iwrap=1, what can I do to continue the simulation correctly?

Many thanks, because I really hope to clear this once and for all. =D

--
Regards
Yip Yew Mun