[AMBER] Charged Ions Sticking Together

From: Alexander Chiu <alexanderchiu12.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:11:16 -0800

Hi All,

I have made a MD simulation with silver atoms ions attached to DNA strands.
 My problem is that the silver ions (positively charged) are sticking
together very closely, which does not seem physically accurate. I used the
ff99SB force field and implicit solvent (IGB = 1).

I have attached a snapshot of the simulation after 20ns. The green spheres
represent positive silver ions and silver spheres represent neutral silver
atoms. I initialized some of the silver ions close together, but they
should have repelled. I suspect the force field or implicit solvent models
have something to do with this, but I would like to hear from you all.

Thanks,

Alex