Re: [AMBER] Falling apart of membrane

From: Gözde YALÇIN <yalcingozde88.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:45:11 +0200

Dear Prof. Walker and Callum Dickson
As a follow up to your suggestions, a 20 ns of production run (with all
restraints removed) was implemented using the lipid11 forces field for the
membrane part.
I attached a snapshot of the final step of the simulation.
Overall the production run went well (I guess!!), but there still seems
something weird.
Although the membrane and the protein+ligand complex seem to hold together,
this time the water layers above and below the membrane expanded
horizontally way too much, leaving the box ..
Is that expected for membrane simulations?
Is there a way to post-process water molecules in the trajectory so that
waters get back to the box.
 Lastly, I tried parameterizing the membrane system using the lipid14
force field previously provided by Prof. Walker (Thanks again!). My
membrane system includes some cholesterol molecules. It appear that the
lipid14 force field does not include parameters for cholesterol. I was
wondering if you could also provide me with a cholesterol OFF file.
My best regards,
 Gözde Yalçın
 Res. Asst. in Drug Development Laboratory of Prof. Jenk Andac