Re: [AMBER] CUDA 4 support in future Amber

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:04:41 -0800

Short answer: NO. - minimum will be CUDA 5.0.

CUDA 5.0 will be considered optimum for AMBER 14 (as it is for AMBER 12) -
we may move to CUDA 6.5 [skipping 5.5 and 6.0 since, although supported,
they have performance regression] but that will be a while.

I'd RMA the machine as defective (it clearly is unless they can offer you
a firmware upgrade to fix it), get a refund and buy something that is
supported. This is why I have spent the last couple of years working
closely with Exxact to develop and AMBER Certified Hardware Platform:
http://ambermd.org/gpus/recommended_hardware.htm#hardware

This is guaranteed to work with AMBER as a turn key solution (and is what
we develop and test on) and thus avoids weird incompatibilities such as
what you are seeing.

All the best
Ross