Re: [AMBER] amber 14 release

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:18:25 -0800

Hi Henry,

I'll let Dave confirm expected release dates. There will be lots of new
features although I don't think we've finished putting them all into a
coherent list yet. A few nuggets:

TI will be supported in pmemd - we are finalizing TI on GPU and hope to
have it for release
There will be major speed improvements in the GPU code (including peer to
peer parallel support) making AMBER's pmemd.cuda the world's fastest MD
engine on commodity hardware. Other support will be things like hydrogen
mass repartitioning, a much more efficient (performance wise) Monte Carlo
barostat, better extra points support, constant PH, multi-D REMD, scaled
MD, off diagonal VDW support...

MMPBSA would need a GPU PB solver that we don't currently have. One could
do MMGBSA though.

All the best
Ross