[AMBER] Parallel running problem of MMPBSA

From: zhongqiao hu <zhongqiao.hu.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:47:45 +0800

Dear all,

I have one question about MMPBSA.py.MPI. I am using MMPBSA to calculate
binding energy between receptor and ligand.

The serial version MMPBSA.py is working. But parallel MMPBSA.py.MPI (for a
test, I used 8 processor for 8 frames) is not working for PBSA (but it is
working for GBSA). The error message is:
Beginning PB calculations with
/cluster/apps/x86_64/packages/amber12/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
  calculating complex contribution...
CalcError:
/cluster/apps/x86_64/packages/amber12/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy failed
with prmtop system.prmtop!

I have searched amber maillist and found 2 possible solutions:
1. set inp=1 and radiopt=0
2. remove the dec_verbose variable from the MMPBSA_pb.mdin

but Neither of them is working for my case. Because my system is huge, I
have to use parallel version of MMPBSA command. I am using Amber12.18 and
AmberTools 12.37. Anyone has solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Best regards,
zhongqiao Hu
Bioinformatics Institute, ASTAR, Singapore