Re: [AMBER] Fwd: amber

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 08:54:25 -0700

Hi,

One more thing - note that when you read in the average PDB as a topology,
since it does not contain mass information, the mass-weighted RMSD will be
slightly off from what you would expect (all the masses in that topology
will be set to 1.0). You can get mass information in the reference by
writing out the stripped topology file and reading that back in, like so
(here I am assuming your topology is named 'prmtop'):

parm prmtop
trajin mdcrd1
trajin mdcrd2
# Remove water, output stripped topology as stripped.prmtop
strip :WAT outprefix stripped
# Image to the origin
autoimage origin
# Calculate average structure in PDB format
average avg.pdb
# Run, first pass to strip, image, and create average
run
# Read in average PDB as topology since it was stripped
parm stripped.prmtop
# Load in generated average PDB using stripped topology
reference avg.pdb parm stripped.prmtop

-Dan

PS - In the next release of cpptraj, when you read in a topology that does
not contain mass information it will be set if the elements of the atoms
can be determined.

--