Re: [AMBER] status of the Amber lipid framework?

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:11:09 -0800 (PST)

hi

Its out of date indeed. I think all future publications should include not only AMBER version but the latest applied patches information as well ;)
this discussion gone somewhat out of topic I think, just a humble gentle reminder about Lipid 14 inputs; if possible.

thanks

On Friday, January 31, 2014 2:57 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 06:43 -0800, Jio M wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> Thanks, I can run this on my machine and I installed it recently:
> $AMBERHOME/update_amber --version
>
> But this update_amber does not exist (in $AMBERHOME) in installed AMBER version (some central facility). Is there some other way? I can see though it was installed somewhat in June 2012! and I think update_amber is new? Also not sure which bug fixes they have applied.

If update_amber does not exist then it is very out-of-date.
update_amber replaces patch_amber.py.  You can go to $AMBERHOME and run
the command "./patch_amber.py --patch-level" to get the same
information, but the fact that update_amber is not present gives you
your answer ;).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University