Re: [AMBER] Explicit solvent constant pH simulation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:10:37 -0500

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 13:58 +0200, Thomas Evangelidis wrote:
> Dear Prof Roitberg,
>
> Will explicit solvent constant pH be applicable in protein-membrane
> simulations?

This will be a challenge. The model still uses a GB implicit solvent
potential to evaluate protonation state changes. Such a GB model would
probably need to be trained on such systems, but you could certainly
try.

> Could it be coupled with accelerated MD?

I'll make the (simple) adjustment I think is needed to enable that, but
it's untested.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University