Re: [AMBER] amber12 GPU performance degrades?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:53:24 +0100

Just to clarify, can you confirm the following points:

- you have two CUDA devices in your machine (they report via nvidia-smi)

- you run two entirely independent pmemd.cuda processes (not pmemd.cuda.MPI)

- you have tried to make sure that both pmemd.cuda processes use
different CUDA devices (e.g. via setting your devices to process
exclusive mode or via using the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES env variable)

- you have verified that both pmemd.cuda processes actually use
different CUDA devices (verified via nvidia-smi and/or via mdout file,
there are also indirect indicators such as temperature)

Thanks,

Jan-Philip