[AMBER] Creating a restart file from a trajectory file

From: Ahmed Ayoub <atayoub.ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 01:45:49 -0700

Hi Amber users,

I have a trajectory mdcrd file for a long simulation that I have run
before. I wanted to used the last snapshot in this simulation as a starting
point for another simulation run. However, as far as I know, trajectory
file don't contain velocity data and hence ptraj will not be able to print
a restart file with velocities. Is this true?
If yes, then the only solution is to heat the system and equilibrate it
once more before the production run. Is this right?

--
Ahmed Taha Ayoub
PhD Student, Theoretical and Computational Chemistry