Re: [AMBER] Antechamber Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:23:31 +0100

Dear Arun Kumar Somavarapu,

I am going to repeat what S. Abel wrote in his last email: use R.E.D.
Server or better R.E.D. Server Dev. at q4md-forcefieldtools.org and in
particular use the building block (BD) approach, which allows
splitting a large molecule into elementary components...

    Let's take an example: a big molecule composed of two R1 & R2
chemical groups:
        R1-R2

    R1-R2 can be obtained by using two BDs: BD1 and BD2
        R1-X + X'-R2

    X & X' are connecting groups, which are well chosen allowing
splitting R1-R2 into two elementary components, i.e. two small
_molecules_.

   Then during charge fitting charge constraints (again well chosen)
are going to be used so that the X & X' groups are removed: two
molecular fragments R1 & R2 are thus designed:

        R1-X + X'-R2 --> R1 + R2

    Finally the R1 & R2 parts can be associated to generate the
input/large molecule:

        R1 + R2 --> R1-R2

You will find examples of such a BD approach in R.E.DD.B.; see for instance:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-90/ where advantages
of the BD approach is described.

At the origin of this work is the paper of Cieplak et al for biopolymers:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109583237/ABSTRACT
See also the R.E.D. 'perl' paper:

You could look at the works of S. Abel in R.E.DD.B.
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/download.php

-- R.E.DD.B. code (if known)
-- Molecule keyword
-- Molecule name
-- Author lastname x
-- Theory level/Basis se
    Text: Abel

Search... [Done]
Result(s) for search by Author name Abel
Project name Glycolipids
Project code F-72
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-72/

Project name Linear n-alkyl phosphocholine detergents
Project code F-92
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-92/

Obviously you could imagine more complex (linear or branched) cases for you:
     R1-R2-R3-R4-R3-R4

Finally concerning sugar Glc units; you might be interested by the
work of Cezard et al.:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-85/

I hope this helps,

regards, Francois