Re: [AMBER] How to generate boron atom paramaters?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:57:42 +0100

Dear Vaibhav Dixit,

> I would like to know if borazines and azaborines can be treated similarly?
> The bonding situations in these systems is known to be like benzene but
> lesser aromatic character with geometrical differences.

I just ran a quick run on benzene, borazine, 1,2-azaborine and
1,3-azaborine (1,4-azaborine?) using R.E.D. Python; it is easy to
compare the structures of the optimized geometries, the derived charge
values and to design a first FF.

You can set MEPTHOD_OPTCALC = "..." & BASSET_OPTCALC = "..." in the
Configuration.py file to use a higher theory level in geometry
optimization (useful for comparing structures of the optimized
geometries).

Then you can imagine empirical rules to refine your FF. R.E.D. Server
Dev./R.E.D. python will list the known & unknown FF parameters (atom
types with ? such as 'H?' means unknown atom type).

You can also provide a frcmod.user file as input for missing force
field parameters and set MOLECULE1-ATMTYPE = ... to defined the FF
atom types of your choice.

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Demo2-Files/readme.txt

http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Demo2-Files/Project.config

http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Demo2-Files/Configuration.py