Re: [AMBER] How to generate boron atom paramaters?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:09:49 -0500

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014, Mengyuan Zhu wrote:

> As my molecule has boron atoms, antechamber can not deal with it. How
> can I do? I have generated Gaussian output file with HF/6-31G*basis
> set. Thank you!

Maybe someone else will pipe in here, but as far as I know, there is no
support for boron compounds in Amber. You'll have to do some literature work
to see how feasible it is (depends a lot on the nature of your compound!)
to generate MM parameters. [My memory(!) of boron chemistry is that it is
distinctly odd, with lots of bonds that don't fit the usual 2-electron-bond
picture....]

...good luck...dac