Re: [AMBER] binding free energy and pose analysis

From: Nitin Sharma <sharmanitin.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 01:23:58 +0800

Respected sir,

I have a scenario where I want to differentiate between active and inactive ligands. For that purpose I ran 30ns MD simulation. However, the final poses were not convincing enough. So I thought to do simulated annealing from the pose attained after the MD for 1ns. I got the poses but I also wished to calculate the binding free energy which i will do from the 30ns MD simulations trajectory.

Now I have final pose which resulting from simulated annealing and binding free energy from MD simulation. So I wanted to know will be the binding free energy calculated from MD will be valid on the pose from simulated annealing or only on the poses present in the trajectory used to calculate binding free energy.

Also can you give me something new to read " reweighting simulated annealing snapshots using something like MBAR to calculate binding free energy". I would try to find out more about this but any reference for it would be helpful.

Thanks and regards,
Nitin Sharma