Re: [AMBER] Manually extending the size of the virtual box

From: Eugene Yedvabny <eyedvabny.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:58:33 -0800

Thank you for the suggestions. I've converted my solvent to TIP3P and igb=6
works now to get rid of the virtual box constraints. Unfortunately my next
step is to run these simulations with Amoeba forcefield, which I imagine
would violate igb=6 requirements. On top of that, I still would like to get
long trajectories with TIP4P-Ew rather than TIP3P.

I am not averse to modifying Amber source to remove error conditions or
even the virtual box. I figure modifying the box dimensions would be the
easier approach than going through igb routines. Could you possibly point
me to where in sander source I would find the virtual box routines and how
to best enlarge the box / ignore escaping molecules?

Lastly, for Amoeba simulations, should I even bother trying to run them in
Amber? I've already reported one issue with the way Tinker writes out
disulfide bridge multipoles, which end up breaking tinker_to_amber. If
sander does not support gas-phase NVE with Amoeba then I'll cut my losses
and try running the simulations in Tinker.

Thank you all for the help you've provided!

Thank you,
Eugene Yedvabny