Re: [AMBER] error in installing ambertools 1.2

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:18:33 -0500

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013, anurag.dobhal wrote:

> i am facing problem in installing ambertools 1.2, i am pasting the
> error which i am getting, the NAB is not getting compiled, please reply
> me as soon as possible. please mail me

We *could* try to debug this problem if we had more information about your OS
and compiler, etc. But first we need to know why you are using AmberTools
1.2. This is such an old version that you would be much better off using
the current version.

If you have a real reason for needing AmberTools1.2:

What options did you give to configure? What is your OS and compiler?
(I'm guessing you are using Solaris, but using gnu compilers rather than
the Solaris ones(??). It that is the case, you may have hit a corner case
in the configuration script. In any event, we need to know this information.)

> (cd nab && make install )
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ccnsb/Desktop/amber10/src/nab'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

This is quite an odd error, and suggests that something else has gone amiss
in downloading or configuring AmberTools. Or perhaps you are using BSD make
instead of GNU make; or something completely different. Let's get more
information before I try to make more guesses here.

...dac