Re: [AMBER] Does anyone knows how to generate an ired vector

From: <wmsmith.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:45:28 -0800

Hi, Li:
 If the 500 residues fall in a nice simple numeric range, e.g. 1 to 500
then you could use a programing / scripting language of choice and a for
loop to print the needed commands to a ptraj script.

e.g. you could use a python script like:

f = open('ptraj.in','w')
for v in xrange(1,5):
        f.write('vector v%d :%d.N ired :%d.H\n' % (v,v,v))
f.close

which would produce:

vector v1 :1.N ired :1.H
vector v2 :2.N ired :2.H
vector v3 :3.N ired :3.H
vector v4 :4.N ired :4.H

in a file called ptraj.in

in your case, you would use xrange(1,501) to get numbers from 1 to 500.
If your residues are split into multiple non continuous ranges, you could
use separate for loops for each range.

Alternatively, you could do this same thing in VMD using the tcl scripting
language. That would give you access to the atomselect routines if your
need to set up some kind of special residue selection.
-Wes