[AMBER] Fwd: Re: Using the RED Server Dev. to parameterize a model transition state

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:00:15 +0100

Kamali,

TRANSLATE will show you that translating has 'to' effect on the MEP
grid points.
->
TRANSLATE will show you that translating has _no_ effect on the MEP
grid points.

regards, F.

----- Forwarded message from fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org -----
     Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 20:56:21 +0100
     From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
  Subject: Re: [AMBER] Using the RED Server Dev. to parameterize a
model transition state
       To: AMBER Mailing List <amber.ambermd.org>
       Cc: fan.wang.u-picardie.fr

Dear Kamali,

> when you say "RED Perl" it looks like you're referring to the RED Server (
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/), which appears to interface with the
> most recent version of the RED source code, is that right?

R.E.D. Perl means R.E.D. III.x at http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/
and R.E.D. IV at http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/

the last version is R.E.D. Python at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/

> I'm unable to access the reference you cite here: "INTRA-MCC in R.E.D. Perl
> = INTRA-MCC1 in R.E.D. Python, which is the
> classical way to set up intra-molecular charge constraint...
> See Cieplak et al. in
> http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109583237/ABSTRACT" I
> just wanted to make sure that you were referring to the 1995 Cieplak et al
> paper in Journal of Computational Chemistry?

Yes

P. Cieplak, W.D. Cornell, C. Bayly & P.A. Kollman, Application of the
multimolecule and multiconformational RESP methodology to biopolymers:
Charge derivation for DNA, RNA, and proteins. J. Comput. Chem. 1995,
16, 1357-1377,

Do you need the pdf file?

> I was also wondering if you could provide some insight on how to pick the
> atoms for the MOLECULE1-ROTATE and MOLECULE1-TRANSLATE flags specified in
> the Project.config file. Would it be very bad to leave these flags out in
> my charge derivation?

- TRANSLATE will show you that translating has to effect on the MEP
grid points.
- ROTATE means only rotations
- REORIENT means rotation & translation (rigid body reorientation).
ROTATE/REORIENT will have the same effect on the MEP grid points.

just remove the corresponding keywords from the Project.config file
and let the default do the job; REORIENT is automatically selected
using a pair(s) of three non-linear atoms X Y Z; and then Z Y X.

regards, Francois

----- End forwarded message -----