[AMBER] SETTING QM ZONE

From: Tanmoy Paul <tanmoy635.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:22:46 +0530

Dear Amber users ,
                             I am trying to equilibrate my system ( HCA2
hydrated)
using PM3 as qm_theory . Now my initial structure and equilibrated
structure
differ a bit. Some crystal water of the initial structure have come out of
the qm- zone during equilibration , while some solvation water have come
into the
 qm- zone. Now when I am trying to equilibrate the system taking solvation
water into the qm- zone, convergence is not achieved but when I am taking
only the crystal water , there is no problem in convergence. Can anyone
tell
me whether there are any restrictions in specifying the qm-zone in amber
and
the reasons behind my convergence failure ?

  I am using amber12 and I have minimised , heated and then equilibrated my
system with MM first , then tried to go for qm/mm.

Any suggestion will be highly entertained .

     With
regards Tanmoy