Re: [AMBER] parmed.py bug when using the "parmout" command ?

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:06:28 -0400

Hi Vlad,

Disclaimer: I'm a parmed user, not a developer.

Isn't the command "outparm" not "parmout"? Or is that synonymous syntax?

Regards,
Brian

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Vlad Cojocaru <
vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to use parmed.py (AmberTools 13) to manipulate my toplogy
> files.
>
> However, whenever I have "parmout" in my input file to parmed.py, I get
> the following error:
> AttributeError: 'ArgumentList' object has no attribute 'has_key'
>
> I did a number of tests and I am sure that the error comes upon using
> the parmout command.
>
> For example, one test I did with the script below. If add printDetails
> command before and after strip, it is clear that the strip command works
> but not parmout.
> The same error happens if I remove "strip" ..
>
> Has anybody seen this behavior or am I missing something in the way
> "parmed.py" works ?
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Vlad
>
> --- test input for parmed.py -----------
> parm model_water.top
> strip ":WAT"
> parmout model.top
>
> --
> Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
> Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
> Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
> Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Münster, Germany
> Tel: +49-251-70365-324; Fax: +49-251-70365-399
> Email: vlad.cojocaru[at]mpi-muenster.mpg.de
> http://www.mpi-muenster.mpg.de/research/teams/groups/rgcojocaru

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu