[AMBER] Leap ff10 and Sodium ion

From: Johannes Zuegg <j.zuegg.imb.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:05:56 +1000

Hi all,

I was trying to build a model using ff10 (tleap> source leaprc.ff10), and
after neutralizing the model (tleap> addions m01 Na+ 0) I tried to save it
(tleap> saveamberparm m01 .) but it complains that it does not have
parameters for Na+

"For atom: .R<Na+ 36000>.A<Na+ 1> Could not find vdW (or other) parameters
for type: Na+"

Looking into parm10.dat I noticed there is no entry for Na+, even though
ions10.lib has some entries for Na+.

Is there a reason for leaving out Na+ from parm10.dat ?

If not, can I just add the corresponding entries from parm99.dat into
parm10.dat?

I used to run my protein/DNA models with ff99SB (no problem with Na+), but
according to the AmberTools13 document ff10 is recommend ..

Thanks

Johannes

Dr Johannes Zuegg

Institute for Molecular Bioscience