Re: [AMBER] High Temperature at NSTEP = 0

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:27:11 -0400

When velocities are assigned randomly, some of that velocity will be along
bond vectors that are constrained and it will be removed by shake. There
are fewer resultin degrees of freedom in the md system than 3 times number
of atoms (-6 for overall rotation and translation). After the first shake
application, temperature should be fine. If it's high longer than that, you
should look into whether the input structure is properly minimized. If it
is coming from md, not minimization, then irest=1 may be a better option.