[AMBER] Error message from pmemd.cuda

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:30:00 -0400

I'm trying to run a simulation with pmemd.cuda using a protocol that I have
already used extensively before. On my workstation I performed a
minimization (using pmemd.MPI), but when I moved to a GPU cluster (Blue
Waters), I got the following error after the mdin file was parsed:

| ERROR: nfft1 must be in the range of 6 to 512!
| ERROR: nfft2 must be in the range of 6 to 512!
| ERROR: nfft3 must be in the range of 6 to 512!
| ERROR: a must be in the range of 0.10000E+01 to 0.10000E+04!
| ERROR: b must be in the range of 0.10000E+01 to 0.10000E+04!
| ERROR: c must be in the range of 0.10000E+01 to 0.10000E+04!
| ERROR: fft_blk_y_divisor must be in the range of 2 to 1!

 Input errors occurred. Terminating execution.

The exact same set of commands and inputs work just fine on my workstation
using pmemd.MPI (I don't have a CUDA enabled device).

My guess is that I mucked something up in the parm7 or rst7 files (I'm
using ntxo = 2) concerning the box information. I'm using a truncated
octahedron and I adjusted the lattice vectors (of the initial ASCII
restart) using ChBox. It's hard to troubleshoot this while submitting to
queue, does anyone have ideas on what to try?

Thanks,
Brian

--
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS