Re: [AMBER] Iron(III)Hydroxide complexing with Enterobactin (quantum chemistry calculations?)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:45:33 +0200

Dear Jonathan,

- Concerning Iron(III)Hydroxide:
   http://www.guidechem.com/reference/dic-8400.html
The difficulty is the presence of iron(III)...
you could use the R.E.D. tools or better R.E.D. Server (Development)
and generate a force field library (FF lib.) for this whole molecule.

- Concerning Enterobactin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterobactin
here you could use again R.E.D. Server and split this whole molecule
into elementary (repetitive) building blocks to generate required
molecular fragments, which are then associated to generate Enterobactin.

You can find examples of the building block approach in R.E.DD.B.
see for instance:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-85/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-87/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-88/

Tutorials are available at: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/

Writing a tutorial for your project about developing FF lib. for these
2 molecules and how to associate them would be of great use for the
community...

For sure R.E.D. (perl) can handle these cases (without atom typing)
while R.E.D. Python will generate the FF lib. with charge values/atom
types and frcmod files with or without extra-points and united
carbons; all ready to be used in the LEaP prgram...

regards, Francois