Re: [AMBER] Protein-DNA covalent bond

From: John Gehman <jgehman.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 07:53:12 +0000

Many thanks Dave,

Indeed, the prmtop files were fine; I was processing in tleap in two stages, connected by an ambpdb-generated PDB file in between, and that was the weak link (pun acknowledged). The second stage tleap didn't have the bond information from the intermediate PDB file to work with, hence my DNA dissociated from the complex during slow heating.

It was Chimera that was being asked to guess at the bonds without the CONECT information in the intermediate PDB file. Using VMD (and xparmed.py) confirmed that the prmtop files were correct.

Sorry to take your time for an elementary error, but many thanks for straightening me out!

Kind Regards,
John

John Gehman
ARC Future Fellow