Re: [AMBER] How to run npt simulation if IFBOX=0 in .prmtop file?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:56:41 -0400

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Dongshan Wei <dswei0523.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I met one problem when I try to run npt simulation for my melamine
> supercell system. The error is as follows:
>
> "(NTB /= 0 && NTP /= 0) but IFBOX == 0
>
> This combination is not supported"
>
> I checked the .prmtop file corresponding to the melamine supercell and
> found the IFBOX value is exactly 0. So my question is how to change the
> setting in .prmtop to let run NPT simulation for the supercell system?

Assuming you are trying to run a crystal simulation, I suggest that you
follow the steps outlined in the tutorial
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial13

The step you were missing, I think, is using the 'setBox' command in tleap
which will construct a box around the cell:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial13/Topology.html

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University