Re: [AMBER] Fwd: DMPC GAFF lipid membrane is freezing at 303 K.

From: Dickson, Callum <callum.dickson09.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 08:07:35 +0000

Hi Subbarao,

We have had a number of issues with bilayer simulations in amber related to the rapid collapse of the simulation box in the initial stages of simulation. These were a particular issue when using the GPU code. This affected the gafflipid work and mean the lipid parameters require more attention.

As a consequence running a DMPC with gafflipid causes the area per lipid to drop to about 56A^2, which is below the experimental 60A^2 though the bilayer is still liquid phase.

If you want to run DMPC at the experimental area per lipid using amber the following options are open to you:

- use GAFF parameters by Lula Rosso with an applied surface tension (available on the Bryce website)
- use GAFFlipid with a (lower) applied surface tension
- wait for Lipid12 which will support DMPC and will be released soon

Kind regards,
Callum