Re: [AMBER] About the Mg charge in AMBER FF

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 14:07:43 +0200

Dear George,

You might be interested in using R.E.D. Server at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/ to derive atomic charges from
molecular electrostatic potential(s), and let the charge fitting step
decide what is the charge value for such a central Magnesium atom.

You can find examples of such an approach in R.E.DD.B. for iron complexes...
For instance see: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-88/

regards, Francois