Re: [AMBER] Temperature based trajectory in REMD

From: Gargi Borgohai <gargib2011.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:35:13 +0530

Dear AMBER Users,

Thank you for your suggestions.. I have not found any experimental evidence
for "cold denaturation" of the peptide. But at that temperature (i.e. 267
K), I have carried out one set of conventional MD simulation (using the
same force field viz. amber ff99SB) and the peptide did not show any sort
of denaturation.
Moreover I have carried out cluster analysis of the peptide for temperature
based trajectory (at 267K) in ptraj and I have found that major populations
are occupied by native peptide. Depending on the number of clusters I
assign in the ptraj input script different distributions are obtained and
native is always being the major population. e.g.
Two Cluster Distribution : 84.8%, 15.2%
Three Cluster Distribution : 71.8%, 13.0%, 15.2%
Four Cluster Distribution : 60.5%, 13.0%, 15.2%, 11.3%
Five Cluster Distribution : 55.5%, 13.0%, 5.0%, 15.2%, 11.3% and so on..

Will you please explain how many number of cluster should actually be
assigned? What are the DBI and PSF values written in XXXout.txt file?

Thanking You in advance
Sincerely
Gargi Borgohain
IIT Guwahati