Re: [AMBER] protein in popc bilayer simulation

From: Wang Chern Hoe (Dr) <"Wang>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 06:58:38 +0000

The skinnb errors are exactly the same as reported by many others here. No point reproducing it again.

Mine is a pmemd.cuda.MPI simulation across 8 GPUs. Yes it is related to the box size which changes drastically if small taup values are used. As you increase the taup value, the box size becomes stable, and skinnb error goes away. Either that or you restart the simulation from where it stopped, and depending on the taup value used, it either stops again or goes to completion.

My experience indicated that taup had a drastic effect for NPT and NPgT simulations which run into skinnb errors, and by adjusting this variable alone, I was able to 'cure' the skinnb error. I just wanted to know if this approach is right or wrong. Another way is to increase 'cut' to 14 instead of 10. However this incurs a severe computational penalty.

I set gamma_ten ZERO based on this paper - Fritz Jahnig, Biophysical Journal Vol 71, 1348-1349, Sep 1996. 'What is the surface tension of a lipid bilayer membrane?' Any comments ? I could change this back to 15 and rerun the simulations.

Thanks