Re: [AMBER] Protonated Histidine (HIP) charges in Amber03 (AMBERFF03)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:32:01 +0200

Dear Adam,

Concerning the protonated histidine resdiue this looks like a big
cuisine... You might be interested in computing your own set of charge
values using R.E.D. Server; charges for ff03 are derived by choosing
the RESP-A1B charge model.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/popup/popkeyword.php

If you read the tutorial at:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php
see the two following sections:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#24
  vs
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25

as you can see the N-term, C-term and central fragments of a new
residue can be directly obtained from the corresponding dipeptide.

  ---

Concerning Norleucine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norleucine you can
obviously apply the same strategy in R.E.D. Server i.e.:
- create the dipeptide of norleucine in the PDB file format; here
think to what conformation(s) you want to involve in charge derivation
- run R.E.D. Server/Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 to generate the P2N file for the
different conformations of Norleucine you are interested in.
- merge with a text editor these P2N files to create a single P2N file
for the the different conformations of the norleucine dipeptide (a
single P2N file per molecule)
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#EXAMPLE-P2N-FILE
- run R.E.D. Server/R.E.D. IV

atom typing is not carried out by R.E.D. IV (perl) - our new code
R.E.D. Python does perform atom typing (and far more) - you could send
a request from the private assistance service (see
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#5) to ask for
post-processing of the data generated by R.E.D. Perl by using R.E.D.
Python.

regards, Francois