Re: [AMBER] AmberTools 1.5.2 compilation Error: Return type mismatch of function 'cgalf' at (1) (REAL(8)/REAL(4))

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:56:32 -0400

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013, harry mangalam wrote:

> I'm trying to compile amber11 for a faculty member.
>

> I've been given the amber11 and AmberTools tarballs and have patched them
> according to this page: <http://ambermd.org/bugfixes11.html>

Aargh...this page (bugfixes11.html) is completely messed up. It points to the
wrong place to get AmberTools1.5; it points to the wrong place about how to
apply the AmberTools bugfixes; the "EDIT" comment refers confusingly to "the
above step" (what does that mean?) and has other pronouns with ambiguous
referents.

What you should do is start over, using the instructions here:

   http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-ambertools-13-and-older-amber

This will allow you to run the current version of AmberTools (AmberTools13)
alongside older version of Amber itself (such as Amber11).

> Also, I see that amber12 is also available. The faculty is licensed for
> amber11, but does amber12 require another fee?

This would be much simpler, and UCI has a site license for Amber12. See
if you can contact someone in Ray Luo's group to get the needed files.

...regards...dac

[Aside for developers: Even Jason's page seems more confusing that it
needs to be -- at this point, I think we should just tell people to start
with a fresh copy of Amber11 and AmberTools1.5, rather than trying to
explain what to do when some patches have been installed but not others.
And Jason's page refers itself to the bugfixes11.html page, with all the
problems that it has.]