Re: [AMBER] How to use makeDIST_RST without MAPping?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:15:34 -0400

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013, Jan-Philip Gehrcke wrote:

> It seems to be the default that a MAP/translation rule must be available
> for every single atom listed in a 7/8-column makeDIST_RST input file. I
> don't need this translation. Is there a way to *not* use atom name
> mapping when running makeDIST_RST?

Not currently. Having the default be to have every atom match itself is
on my to-do list. Code patches are welcome.

Now that we more or less require Amber users to have python, things like this
could be written in a scripting language. I would re-write this in Perl, but
that's because I yam what I yam.

(The original motivation, from Garry Gippert, was to be aggressive in finding
typos in input data. I'm not sure that was ever such a good idea, but there
it is.)

...dac