Re: [AMBER] How to do clustering analysis by ptraj?

From: Biao Ma <jackyma1981.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:56:34 +0900

Hi, Thomas

Thanks for your good comments,

However, I still have some question about how to use option "epsilon" and
"clusters".
Normally,* what case should we use "epsilon" or "clusters"?*
*when I publish my result, is it necessary to analysis all frames?*

I created the 2D-rms plot as your advice.

> trajin mdcrd 1 32500 25
> rms2d out 2drms.gnu :2-103.CA

[image: Inline image 1]
This 2D-rms plot how can help us?

In my case, "* **A snapshot may*
*become a member of its closest cluster if the rmsd is smaller*
*than a given cutoff (3 Å)." *described at the paper,
*if I want to do the same analysis with the paper to give a cutoff value,*
*should I set the epsilon option at the following input file ?*

cluster out cutoff-3 all amber representative pdb average pdb \
  averagelinkage epsilon 3.0 rms :2-103.CA sieve 25

Really, I did the clustering analysis used above input file, and compared
best 3 most
populated cluster's representative structure with the figure on the paper,
there are very different.

*Maybe my initial extend structure at REMD simulation is not same with
paper's structure. If the others parameter is same, is it possible to get
the same result with published paper?*

Thanks a lot .

Jacky