[AMBER] significance of 3-10 helixes in Secstruct

From: Chinthaka Ratnaweera <cnr88.msstate.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:51:30 -0500

Hi

1. I am not very much aware about the 3-10 helixes. I understand these are
similar to alpha helixes but have 3 residues per turn while alpha helix has
3.66 res per turn. But are these 3-10 helixes are experimentally
significant? I am trying to interpret peaks for alpha helixes in CD
spectra.

2.I am using 'secstruct' in ptraj to generate secondary structure
information. There is a way to visualize these plots in 2D in cpptraj with
gnuplot. ( by gnu extension). But this can't be done in ptraj. Is there any
script available to do this.

Thank you
--
Chinthaka Nadun Ratnaweera