Re: [AMBER] REMD exchange

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:40:53 +0200

J. Swails wrote: I'm not familiar with REMD in NAMD. I know NAMD uses
charm++, which is a
different parallelization scheme (although it can optionally be compiled
using MPI as its message-passing back-end, I believe), and it also takes
advantage of shared memory parallelism, if available.

For remd, namd must be compiled with MPI. I did that some time ago with
namd2.9. However, although MPI relates to processes, namd/remd requires
physical nodes. Can not be run on a shared mem machine, even with multiple
680 cards, like my machine.

francesco