Re: [AMBER] Different MMPBSA results in the use of sander and pmemd

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:34:21 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM, ǧÓïǧѰ <qianyuqianxun88.gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you,Jason
> I will check the advices that you hve mentioned one by one.
> I have a question here. In the MMPBSA results, what the value of standard
> deviation and standard error of the mean can explain?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_error

These are statistics terms, and as such can be found in any statistics
textbooks or places like Wikipedia. The first measures the spread of the
data (how broad the energy distribution is). The latter measures how
uncertain the calculated mean is. More details can be found in the links I
provided.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University