Re: [AMBER] Forcefield for lipopeptides

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 10:24:39 -0400

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Prasanna Venkatesh D <
prasannavenkatesh1.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber users,
> Is there a forcefield available to run MD simulations for lipopeptides?
> In specific, will LIPID11 forcefield be suitable? I would like to make sure
> before I purchase the package. Thank you in advance.

The LIPID11 force field was designed to be compatible with the Amber force
field (and it was designed to be modular). You don't have to purchase
Amber to get access to the force fields -- just download AmberTools 13 free
of charge.

You can also run the CHARMM force field in Amber using the 'chamber'
program.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University